Change to Darkball?

Is it possible or has anyone tried to make it so that dark ball continues until one person is left standing? Right now it seems to just basically start over once one person loses but i play with more than 1 other person (4) and we wanted to get a winner instead of a first man out reset. I think it could be interesting and maybe have the ball move faster as people are knocked out. Not sure if any of this is possible.

If I remember correctly, I believe you can just have someone tap their blink to continue the game, you just have to pick someone to go next. It won’t select someone as the next player to go, though.

Maybe something is up with mine then? It gives one free hit to each person and it resets each person as soon as they are out of lives. They also have the ball at the start of the next game.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the same thing mine does. Maybe we have an old version of the code or something, and they need to be updated?

@Darubig @ReverendJesus If I’m understanding you correctly, Darkball is working as it should. At the beginning, every endpoint (in Darkball, an endpoint is basically a Blink that only has one neighbor) is assigned a ball to launch. Also, if a Blink gets reset (if it wasn’t an endpoint for 5 seconds or so), and then becomes an endpoint, it is also assigned a ball. As for resetting an endpoint when it runs out of lives, that’s also normal behavior.
Anything else that it’s doing that seems weird/unusual? Also, tell me if I need to clarify anything.

@Darubig Per the original question, I also have an answer to that too. When a person’s endpoint runs out of lives, launch the ball from it, then remove the endpoint and reposition it in a spot where it would have 2 or more neighbors. This way, even if the ball decides to go down the road of the former endpoint, it will loop back around, though it may take some time, since it’ll randomly decide whether to keep circling or not.
Excuse my handwriting on the first image.

Screenshot 2022-04-23 9.39.01 AM

1 Like