Error with new blanks (dev kit bundle)?

So I just received my dev kit (I got the dev kit bundle) and I can get games on 6 of them, the six that did not come with the sticker covering the programming port. But I keep getting an error message that’s put below whenever I try to put anything on the ones that came with a sticker covering the port. I have tried it with multiple examples and code from the simulator, but keep getting the same error.
Any help on what to do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9516 (probably m328pb)

avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega168PB is 1E 94 15

Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

Just to be sure, you did remove the stickers, right? :slight_smile:

Anyway, this might be an issue of different Blinks versions. They should all be compatible anyway but there might have been some specific issue affecting yours. Unfortunately I can not directly help with that but I am sure Move38 folks will jump in.

Yes @BGA I did make sure to remove the stickers.

And I do think it’s got something to do with different Blinks versions because the ones not accepting code on them are all the same version. They play just fine, but just aren’t able to get any code put onto them.
And as a reference, these are the blinks that have a 328 above the programming port
They are also M3801+003+0012(02-00) 20200116

In comparison the ones that I have that are accepting code onto them don’t have anything above the programming port and are M3801+003+0011(02-00) 20200116

Not sure if I read your tone correctly, but you would be impressed by the number of times people forgot (or did not notice) the stickers on the Blinks when trying to upload. Anyway, as you removed then, this as not the issue in your case.

Yes, 328 are the newer Blinks (more memory, more storage). It might be that you ended up downloading an older Blinklib version that did not know how to handle the newer ones. Where did you get it from?

@bigjosh you might be able to help here.

:wave: @Lytheul,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Looks like you do have some newer Blink328s which you can use the development branch of our SDK to program. I started a new topic Uploading to Blink328s, that has the updated information, let me know if that fixes it. There might be one additional step that I need to add, so let us know if it works for you.

all my best,
Jonathan