New Game: The Hunt

Update v7:
:ballot_box_with_check: Improved Hear function (helps green player to know the aproximate, but not exact, direction of the sound). It shows 3 adjacent blinks where Monster can be, detection is random, so it can be in the middle one or in one of the sides.
NOTE: I kept both versions, v6 and v7 just to have feedback and know if is indeen a good or bad option.

I’m at 95% of space but I will try to update the graphics anyway :upside_down_face:

1 Like

btw, the small addition I made to v4 was to clear the buffer for drawing (i.e. after making a move, the action of the move would not be cleared until the randomness of the cornfield erased its presence).

This is very simple, it really just means setColor(OFF) at the beginning of the loop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Loaded up V6 and V7 quickly, didn’t have a chance to note the reasons gameplay didn’t start but can simply say, the move player game action was not working for me on first attempt.

best,
jb

I messed up comunications on v5 :thinking:

Tried to simplify the code and messed up the initial movement!

Now it should work both versions :grinning:

NOTE: For the initial cleanup, in which loop did you put setColor(OFF) ? I added it in both players loop now.
When is the real color change performed? At the end of every loop or just when readed it?

1 Like

Looks like movement in 7 works just fine, there are some animations that I imagine are not working as you expected (i.e. the fade up fade down)

I would simply clear the display buffer at the top of loop, since every draw loop should be drawing what it needs every frame anyway and we don’t want remnants of hidden information lurking on the display until written over. The real color change is performed at the end of every loop, you can think of it as though the display and comms only get updated when loop returns.

void loop() {   //Main Loop of the tile

setColor(OFF);  // clear the display buffer

switch (gameState) { //Detects gamestate

Thanks @jbobrow for give it a try to the last version! Which animations are not working? Te animation to show the position of every character was working it your Livestream, so I imagine you’re talking about detection animations?
Did you check the new detection feature? Now blue player can detect directionally, or at least it should… :grin:

BTW, pretty interesting to know that colors update when loop finish! Thanks for your help!

Almost one month with no updates!
Now that I know more about blinks, I want to do a second read to the code and try to fix all the possible bugs and improve graphics.

Someone tried the last upload?
The Hear function is suposed to work, and now tells you the aproximate direction of the Noise.

Thank you!

1 Like

It’s been on my list for a while, but I don’t have enough blinks to play it yet :frowning: hopefully I’ll get a chance when my core set ships in September!

That’s right! You need at least 12 Blinks to play, with 6, you can technicaly play, but is just too easy and short for one of the players :sweat_smile:

Im waiting also! I’m getting 24 blinks so if you want to try big games in the future, just tell me! :smiley:

1 Like

Blinks received 3 days ago, and now that I have them, I can work on the code and playtest the game so…

NEW UPDATE!!!

:ballot_box_with_check: Fixed everything!

Game is now 100% playable with no bugs. :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:
The game can be played with 12 blinks (up to 14-15, but 18, as I was thinking at the beginning maybe is too much)

Also, ADVANCED mode is working and RECOMENDED because the game is so much funny with this mode.

Detection for the MONSTER has been improved and now is directional, showing 1-3 possible positions of the other player.

I will rewrite the rules with more schemes and also make a short gameplay video.

About graphics… They can be improved, as there is space left, but I like the actual graphics, if someone has any sugestion I’m open to improve the game :grinning:

6 Likes