[We Need Your Help] Sakura Strategy Dev Community Support

Thanks for the help @IndyJinx. I’m not the most tech savvy person in the world, so pardon the slow uptake. If I’m understanding you correctly, the command line code should look like this right?

avrdude -p m168 -F usb -c usbtiny -U flash:w:bandits.hex

I tried using that command and now it’s saying that there is no such file as bandits.hex in the directory. I have it’s saved locally in my downloads folder. Does the .hex file need to be placed somewhere specific for it to be recognized? Again, I’m pretty tech illiterate, so I appreciate the additional insight!

avrdude -p m168 -F -P usb -c usbtiny -U flash:w:bandits.hex

That’s what I used. The bandits.hex part has to be the full path to the file relative to your current directory. So the easiest is to run the command from where the .hex file is, or copy the .hex file to where you are running it from.

And no worries about the question, if anything I’m sorry for assuming any knowledge! This isn’t your everyday activity unless you happen to be a professional prototyper!

1 Like

@IndyJinx That worked like a charm! Thanks again for the help! I always appreciate the opportunity to learn new things, and now I have some more functional blinks as well!

2 Likes

After searching with different combinations of keywords, I finally found a relevant thread about how to install avrdude, titled Trouble figuring out .hex uploads. About 80% down jbobrow’s lovely response, there are links for a Mac version and a Windows version.

2 Likes

I found that one too, but I still don’t know how to actually upload .hex files. But for the Sakura Pack BGA made a very simple version

In the end, my installer just runs avrdude like this:

avrdude -B 5 -v -patmega168pb -C /path/to/avrdude.conf -cusbtiny -Uflash:w:file.hex:i -u