Blinks turn themselves on

They just turn themselves back on despite me even individually turning them off. Please can someone help as I don’t want to drain battery on Christmas Day. We were playing Flic Flop and one or two dropped onto the floor - would that be a problem?

I reprogrammed them with Zen Flow, but they still switch on after being turned off. I have now taken out all the batteries to see if that fixes them.
Any ideas please :slight_smile:
Happy Christmas to all.

The way it work is that if a Blink that is sleeping receives any IR data packets (connecting to a Blink that is on makes it receive IR data packets) other than the packet that tells Blinks to go to sleep, it will wake up (funny enough, it will not wake up if a Blink that is on is connected to it and sending the value 21 on its face).

So, what were you doing exactly? If if simply have all Blinks arranged in a cluster and long pressed one to turn it off, all Blinks in the cluster should turn off and not turn on again (without you clicking one of the Blinks in the cluster again). If they do, you might have some external IR source that is confusing the Blinks.

Hi @Murray,

Some sources of light will wake Blinks such as incandescent and halogen bulbs. Additionally sunlight can wake them as well. As a safety measure, once you place Blinks in their Sushi Roll case, they will go to sleep within ~10 minutes, always.

Merry Christmas!

All my best,
Jonathan

So I hadn’t noticed anything odd like this happening (in my extensive 3 days of experience :grinning:) – but then today, I had a few blinks on a table next to the easy chair I was working in and darned if they didn’t start turning themselves on.

I spent a little bit of time trying to determine what could be the cause. I put them in a cluster. I isolated them all. I then tried moving them farther apart. It doesn’t help that I can’t really track what I’ve programmed each of them with since I can’t bring myself (yet) to write on them.

Finally gave up and searched the forum, turning up this thread. So it seems like the most likely culprit is the strong sunlight coming in through the window. However, I moved a thick book to put them in the shade and they still kept turning on by themselves.

So I’m going with the slightly crackpot theory that the cable box (which is on the shelf below where I had them) is spraying IR all over the place. Tomorrow I’ll make myself a tinfoil hat before I go back to my chair :laughing:

By the way, when I moved them over to the dining table on the other side of the room, they stopped acting up. No direct sun and far from the cable box – why adjust one variable when I can tinker with multiple confounding factors at the same time!