Custom Blinklib v1.3.4 Released (Updated to 1.3.6)

This release fixes a bug with face values being incorrectly set by special packets and also saves another 100 bytes of storage.

New In This Release

• Fix a bug where special packets (sleep/wakeup) would incorrectly set face values.
  • Do not use dim() inside Blinklib, saving another 100 bytes of storage.
2 Likes

Ahhhhh yesssss.
dim() is the first thing I remove when starting a project.

Although, for obvious reasons, this is just a bet gain if your program dies not use dim itself. In some cases it might even look like a bet negative (it was the case with hexxagon).

Could make it a config option similar to disabling datagrams?

I’m getting an error when trying to compile Hexxagon with this version, it seems to work with other programs so it is perhaps because it needs more space?:

/Users/gianpablo/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld: blinks-hexxagon.ino.elf section .text' will not fit in region text’
/Users/gianpablo/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld: region `text’ overflowed by 67 bytes
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Blink (Custom Blinklib).

Yep. I just pushed v1.3.5 that reverted the dim(0 change (only kept the bugfix). Please update and try again.

Yes, that is possible. I will revisit it as time permits.

And I updated it yet another time. Now it supports configuring the size of the internal datagram buffers (as opposed to completely disabling datagrams), potentialy saving a lot of memory while still allowing for datagram usage.

For example, this will allow Hexxagon to support games with up to 128 Blinks, which was always my goal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! How do you do that?

See below.