Simply awesome creation, by the way.
I actually had an epiphany of a simple thing I could do in this instance to give myself some debugging information. Thankfully, the communication (at least with a standard, optimal connection) seems to be working perfectly, and the problems lie elsewhere. But I was stumped for weeks just trying to think of any next step. And each time you hit a problem whose solution isn’t apparent, you have to spend time developing a custom way to communicate some useful form of debugging info for that one problem. Each bug becomes a spinoff project. An interesting challenge, sure, but it can be a real showstopper.
For what it’s worth, I did finally post last weekend about my project, but nobody has responded to it yet. But with the findings from my weeks-overdue debugging idea for this one situation, I am finally, once again looking forward to my next steps, rather than just feeling… stuck.
I think it could be super-helpful to offer a Blink-compatible little debugger display, and add something like
sendStringOnFace() to the API. The debugger display’s whole job would be to listen for a datagram with text to display, and scroll that text until it gets a new message. I’d buy that tool if the price were reasonable enough! It would only need to have Blink magnets and comms on one face, although I’m sure it would be nice if it could be in a Blink housing, so you could debug even in a dense layout.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! For now, I have next steps, thanks to the custom debugging approach du jour, and I’m back on track to get my ambitious first game to the first, most basic playable state. Heh heh.
P.S. My bad! Two people replied days ago. Somehow I didn’t see that! That’s encouraging, too.