DO NOT buy these batteries

If anyone is looking for batteries right now, do not buy the cheap C+T LIR2032H batteries that look like this

or any other ones by CT probably
It is most likely safer to buy just regular non-rechargeable CR2032s.

The reason I’m posting this is because just a few minutes ago, one exploded. I keep my rechargeable batteries in a little plastic container on a table in my bed-room. As I was about to turn off the light, I heard a loud BANG and saw a smoldering battery split in half sitting on my wooden desk. The container’s lid was blown off and batteries were scattered everywhere, I have no doubt if I had left it longer a house-fire would have started. It may just have been a freak accident, but just to be safe, I would say buy regular non-rechargeable batteries

2 Likes

just probably because they were in a pile and could possibly make a circuit or a loop i keep mine in their original packaging

In case others find it useful. I designed these long ago as I was, not surprisingly, working with a lot of CR-2032s. The files are open source for anyone that wants to print them, however the quality of the print from Shapeways is just wonderful and has resulted in cases that I still use and imagine will use for a lifetime.

I’m just going to try using a m&m mini cylinder for storage seems fine to me just as long as it stays vertical

It definitely is until they stack up and get out of order, so I’ve added some Foam, and some Straws to keep them in line.

Ordered it and quite agree their preparation is so important maybe