Face Off (Party Game)

Upon the call for party games, I’d thought I’d take a crack at one.

Face Off (4-?) players

Goal:
Earn 6? points to win the game.

Gameplay:
Each player hold one blink. Triple click to start/restart

During the game you can single click your blink to see what colour you need to match.

The colour is displayed only for a moment to hide it from other players.

Each colour corresponds to an emotion you must portray on your face.
Red = Love
Blue = Contentment
Green = Greed
Yellow = Surprise

Players portray their emotion on their face and move around the group looking for a match.
If both players agree with a nod…(or kissy face if players are comfortable with that )
… they connect the white lit edge of their blinks.
If they are correct the Blinks will flash GREEN and both players will earn a point.
If they are incorrect the Blinks will flash RED and both players will lose a point if they have any.

If you can not find a match, you can single click your blink to pick a new colour.

Once you earn 6(?) points your Blink will celebrate and you yell FACE OFF! and you win if you are the first!

BLINK:
one edge of the blink will always shine white… this is your connection side.
SINGLE clicking the blink will temporarily light the 3 sides opposite the white side and show a new random colour.
DOUBLE clicking the blink will reset your score to 0 and put the blink in READY mode
READY mode: the blink will flash white showing all players are ready to start the game. A SINGLE click will start each blick into the game (see above)
TRIPLE click will show you your score after someone has declared FACE OFF and ended the game.

Aside:
Will be programming this up shortly and play testing this weekend.

The concept is based off of my DUDE card game and variations of it.

3 Likes

Sounds like a fun concept!

Sounds cool, but why do you need a contact face?

Could see folks enjoying this. Think I played a winking game similar to this except I think the goal was to not get caught by anyone but the person you were winking at.

test reply ( I can not see any content in my browser)