So I finally finished my Hexxagon AI project and now I have a new Hexxagon version and the first version of the Hexxagon AI!
The AI has 5 difficult levels that vary from pretty stupid to pretty good. Here is how to use it:
- After being loaded to a Blink, the AI will display a spinning animation of a single face with the color of the user it will control when connected to the game.
- Single-click will move to the next player (RED, BLUE, GREEN MAGENTA).
- Double-click will switch to difficult selection. This will revert back to searching for a game after 2 seconds.
- When in this mode, single-click will increase the difficulty level. When it reaches 5 it will go back to 1. Every click resets the 2 second timer mentioned above.
That is it, just connect this Blink to an Hexxagon game cluster and it will control the Player with the same color.
Here is what the animations mean:
- Single spinning face: Searching for game.
- Double spinning faces: Connected to another blink (any Blink) and waiting for the game map.
- Triple slow-spinning faces: Map loaded, waiting for player turn.
- Triple fast-spinning faces: Playing.
The AI can be connected/disconnected at any point.
Here are the binaries using the Blinks Installer:
The installer includes both Hexxagon and the Hexxagon AI.
Here is the repository for the AI:
If you try it, let me know what you think!