Hold Down Button Indefinitely?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I had an idea for a simple game that would involve a player potentially holding a button down for an extended period of time. I know that if a tile is alone and the button is held for 6 seconds, it goes into the “game sharing” state. If the tiles are grouped together and the button is held down for 7 seconds, it puts all of the connected tiles into “warm sleep”.

Is there any way to bypass these behaviors? From what I can see I may have to toss out this game idea, but I figured I could throw the question here before I do so.

With only 1 button there had to be some interaction reserved for the underlying system, and 6-second long press is it. The only way to override this is using ugly hacks, but then you’d be stuck with a game that could potentially get into states where you could not turn off. Sorry!

No worries, I kind of figured as much. Still I figured I’d ask to make sure there weren’t some alternative methods to accomplish this that I wasn’t aware of. Thanks for the response!

EDIT: In fact, being aware of this limitation opened up some new possible mechanics for this idea. So really, thanks!

1 Like