Trouble putting game on dev blink

I’m not a developer and got blank blinks to get pre-established games to play. I’ve just got my dev kit and can’t get anything to load on the dev blink. I keep getting varying failures, the current one is programmer-required. I’ve watched the video multiple times and tried different USB plugs and different computers but have been unable to even get the colour wheel to go on. can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it I’m lost trying to understand the previous problems that are similar to mine.

thank you for any help given as I’m really excited to play with my blinks and try new games.

Try going the the menu bar, click ‘sketch’, then ‘upload using programmer’.

I had an issue with the newer arduino ide that was resolved by using the legacy arduino ide. https://forum.move38.com/t/issue-installing-from-boards-manager-in-new-arduino-ide

2 Likes

you can add a programmer under the Tools menu fairly easily and the ones for the project are bottom of the list for me

hmm i was trying to load SpeedRacer and i kept getting these messages

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: “Blink328”

Sketch uses 5770 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 5888 bytes.

Global variables use 769 bytes (75%) of dynamic memory, leaving 255 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 1024 bytes.

Low memory available, stability problems may occur.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

i wonder if MY system is the problem but IDK just a guess

I wonder does ardino use java development for the system to run so I’d need to maybe set more ram for it to access

Note that the Dev Blink is not a 328. Change the board type to Blink and your upload should work.

Yes but same problem either way I was trying to write to the blank then though

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: “Blink”

Sketch uses 1872 bytes (31%) of program storage space. Maximum is 5888 bytes.

Global variables use 704 bytes (68%) of dynamic memory, leaving 320 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 1024 bytes.

C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf -B 5 -v -patmega168pb -cstk500v1 -PCOM3 -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_453247/A-ColorByNeighbor.ino.hex:i -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\move38\hardware\avr\1.3.1/bootloaders/BlinkBIOS-168PB.hex:i -u

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM3

Using Programmer              : stk500v1

Setting bit clk period        : 5.0

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude done. Thank you.

Problem uploading to board. See https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/sections/360003198300 for suggestions.

It looks like the computer is not finding the programmer it is expecting. I would double check that you have selected the Programmer: Blinks USBTinyISP and also check in windows device manager that the COM3 (in this case) is in fact where the USBTinyISP is recognized. Note that on windows, you may need to install the driver for the USBTinyISP (and restart after installing the driver).