Welcome New Members!

Hi all!

I tend to keep a low profile on the internet, but you can call me JP for now (pronouns: he/him).

I’m a professional video game designer, amateur husband, and semi-competent father to two small kids. I’m an avid board game, RPG, and video game player. I also make electronic music when time and creativity allows. I’ve also been in a short-form improv troup and have co-written and co-directed interactive children’s theater.

I’m fairly comfortable with scripting including C#, but am a complete noob when it comes to C++.

Blinks seem like a fun way to tinker around with C++. I think the simple inputs and outputs of the platform will also be a good catalyst for creativity. The released games show a large range of different types of things that can be done.

I’m likely to be asking far more questions than answering them for a while. :smiley:

Glad to be here! Looking forward to working with everyone (read: bugging smarter people for help!). :wink:

:smiley:

7 Likes

Hi, all!
I am Steve, and I am a Computer Engineering student with a growing interest in hardware/software interactions. Past projects have been communication in a self driving golf cart and competitive programming. I love the open source development and unique interactions in Blinks, and I have been shadowing this forum until my dev kit came! My vision for Blinks games to develop involves merging deep strategic choices with an easy entry. Maybe throw in some Mafia social deduction! As an engineer, I want to grow skills in some of the back end (custom libraries), and that will be a learning process! Looking forward to learning and playing Blinks with y’all!

7 Likes

Hello World!
I’m a random guy from Australia with some (read occasionally obsessed hobbyist) experience with coding and maths and a couple of forays into the world of game design (with a little bit of tweaking, connect four goes to whole new level of strategy, and crossing tic-tac-toe with rock-paper-scissors can have an impressive amount of strategy too). Currently, I’m passing the time for my Dev Kit to arrive by fiddling about in the simulator, and may have fixed a slight deficiency in Puzzle 101 (now it doesn’t keep all the pieces rotated the same way, and while I was in the code, I cleaned up the blink shuffler a little bit).

2 Likes

Hi.
I’m from germany, using my artist name (it means snowleopard). Most of my free time I spend creating poseable art dolls or playing games. I found Blinks through KS and own a few now. I don’t have a dev kit yet and not really any knowlege about programing (Basic Web-page programing with HTML and CSS in Collage. Didn’t really practice the last two years)
But I do have many ideas for games of wich I don’t always know if they are possible programing (defenetly not from me) but theoreticly with what blinks a capable of. That’s why I came to this forum.

Welcome. I can tell you you might be surprised with how much you can do with such a small device. :slight_smile: Also, having a good game idea is a huge chunk of the total work anyway so the ideas would be welcome by developers (I am sure I would welcome them. I can not design a game to save my life but if a game can be implemented with Blinks, I am pretty sure I can do it :slight_smile: ).

Hi everyone !
My name is Johann (aka ToYoT) and I’m french. I fell in love with Blinks because I’m a huge tech and boardgames fan. I’m absolutely not a developper, even if I have some nice ideas for some games and recently buy a development kit, it’s especially the joy to discover new games and to try them before an official release (or not) that brings me here… And also the fact that I want to translate in french the maximum of the guides and rules available if it can help…
Link : Traductions françaises Guide et Règles / Guide and Rules French translations

Thanks to all for the fantastic work on Blinks, I’m amazed each time (and I think it’s going to be only the start :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

Hi everyone

I am Ryan, the new Director of Games at Move38. I’ll be diving into the forum this week and getting caught up on all of your game ideas. Looking forward to being active in the forums, getting some regular dev events set up, and helping folks get their games published on the platform.

4 Likes

Welcome Ryan and good luck!

Hi all!
I’m so late to the party, but I found out about Blinks only recently. As I cannot get my own Blinks yet, all I can do is watch what goes on on the forum and the Move38 YouTube channel…
Whoops, I forgot to introduce myself, LOL.
My name is Abbi King and I’m from Texas. I play a lot of video games, though I do enjoy the occasional board game or card game. Online, I don’t usually chat all that much, mostly because I’m not supposed to be chatting at all (thanks mom.) In real life, I like to talk… a lot. Although I don’t talk as much when I’m playing my games.
As for programming experience, I don’t have much, but I am a fast learner. Most of the time anyway. I also would really like to try making a game or two for Blinks, and I already have a couple of ideas. But again, I can’t get Blinks yet :frowning:
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone else here that doesn’t have Blinks yet?
Also, please don’t anyone tell mom that I posted anything on here… I don’t wanna get in trouble.
And if anyone wants to find out more about me, feel free to ask. Just, uh, don’t ask about personal info.

1 Like

Hi @KittiMeow,

Welcome to the Blinks forum! Happy to have you join the community, there is surely lots that you can gather here in the forum and by connecting with other community members. In fact, I recall one of our community members @Confus3d making their first game without Blinks in hand yet :slight_smile:

There is a simulator created by a friend here which can be fun for exploration, but only scratches the surface.

Additionally, if you do design something you’d like to see running on Blinks, I have no doubt those with game maker kits in hand would be interested in loading your sketch onto some Blinks and play testing it for you :raised_hands:

Ahoy,
I first found out about blinks at a paxu ~3 years ago and unfortunately took way too long to finally show my face here. Of the things I’ve played on a blink fracture is by far my favorite, it has a magnificent simplicity. Something about them that interests me a lot is how they can be part of a dynamic board that moves and physically changes as a game is played.
I’ll make something neat for them soon™
going to check out the emulator :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey all! So I’ll add my 2 cents…

So I like to tell folks that I’m a recovering mathematician. Eons ago, I studied mathematical ecology in grad school and did research on using cellular automata, systems dynamics, and other odd things to simulate ecological systems (plant spread, plankton growth, etc). I taught math and computer science for about a decade and have worked as a software “engineer” for quite some time as well.

I think between my interests in cellular automata and board games, it was inevitable that I would acquire a set of Blinks. I’ve actually had them on a shelf, unopened for quite a while (for various uninteresting reasons). Now that I’ve finally started playing around with them, I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

2 Likes

Hey, my name is Ryan, and I’m a 14yo developer and Celeste addict, and maker of BoxFight on google play (you can play it here). I enjoy playing games on my GBA and reading classic literature. Glad to be a part of this community!

2 Likes